“I’m running for State Representative because I believe our political system is broken. Too many families are being left behind while politicians find themselves more and more beholden to special interests. It’s time that we had more people who understand what it’s like to run a small business, make ends meet, raise a family, and live in our community representing us in Olympia and in Washington DC.” — Ivan Lewis
My campaign will focus on the issues closest to families in the area:
- Ensuring strong local schools for our kids to receive a top quality public education
- Reducing property taxes and reforming our B&O tax structure to relieve the burden on small businesses and working families.
- Pushing for a healthcare system that works for all, reducing the costs on families and ensuring high quality care
- Advocating for critical transportation infrastructure projects, including the completion of 522.
- Combating the opioid epidemic of our community with a comprehensive and compassionate approach that includes social services, treatment, and law enforcement.
As a self-educated entrepreneur, I bring a decade worth’s of experience in early childhood education and educational enrichment. In my youth, I spent extensive time participating in scouting and was awarded the Eagle Scout Award and the Medal of Merit from the Boy Scouts of America.
I live in Sultan, WA where my wife and I operate a small hobby farm, along with our four small children.